This was Caleb’s Second Halloween. This year he went as a Bumble Bee. We decided to go with a family theme, so Don made a Beehive costume, and Tenille made a Flower costume. Even with the whole family theme, most people couldn’t tell what Don was. He got many guesses, such as a rock, a garbage bag, etc. It was pretty funny! We participated in a bunch of Halloween Activities this year:
- Pumpkin Patch – We went to a Pumpkin Patch with Caleb’s toddler group, where we saw farm animals, learned about growing pumpkins, and finally Caleb got to pick his very own Sugar Pumpkin. I got some really cute pictures of him in the pumpkin patch.
- Corn Maze – We went to The Farm’s corn maze with my parents and had a fabulous time! They had a petting farm with kittens, bunnies, a cow, and a horse. Caleb loved going through the corn maze and whacking the corn stalks.
- Toddler Group Halloween Party – Caleb got to sport his costume for the first time for his Toddler Group on Tuesdays. All the kids got dressed up, and Caleb got to make a fun Halloween pumpkin craft.
- Community Center Halloween Carnival – Some moms and babies from Caleb’s Friday Playgroup all met up at the NKCC Halloween Carnival. They had some fun events for the kids including The Cookie Walk, Pin the Eye on the Monster, Fish Pond, Bean Bag Toss, Face Painting, Dancing, Storybook Time, and a Halloween Craft Project. Caleb’s favorite part was sitting on the little chairs they had for the kids while they waited in line. He could have sat on the chair the whole time had I let him. That night we broke out the table and chairs that I bought a while ago, and he loves them.
- Trunk-or-Treat – We went to our Church’s Trunk-or-Treat, which is where the church members decorate their trunks and hand out candy to the kids. It’s a fun, safe way to Trick-or-Treat.
- Hannan’s Halloween Party – This was by far the most elaborately decorated Halloween party we’ve ever been to. All the walls were covered in grey brick plastic, the lightbulbs were an eery green, and they even had a huge spider web. It was a lot of fun! To see more pictures go to the Hannan’s website at http://ehannan.net/halloween2005.html.
- Microsoft Treat-or-Treating – Microsoft has an annual Trick-or-Treating event where the kids get to roam the halls and get lots of candy from the employees’ offices. Caleb got lots of candy, and he learned very quickly how to drop the candy into his bag so that he can grab some more.
- Roth’s Halloween Party – We had a little time to hand candy out between getting home from TOTing at Microsoft and going to the Roth’s house. We had a few trick-or-treaters come by, then we were off to the Roth’s house where we ate Halloween goodies and played Super Mafia. It was fun.
What a great Halloween!